top of page

Alcoholic Beverages

At Harmony Hall, we understand that certain events may warrant the consumption of alcohol and this is permitted with the required Virginia ABC permit. The Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control requires any persons or groups who plan to host an event like a; party,reunion, reception etc., where admission is charged to attend the event that they require a license for the event. Also, if they plan to sell alcohol at the event they must also obtain a license.


For a one-day event Virginia ABC has a "Banquet and Specialty Banquet License" which a person or group may apply for online. This license must be completed and approved prior to the event. Furthermore, a copy of the approved license is required by management prior to the event.


Harmony Hall wants your event to be memorable, but please remind your guests to drink responsibly because they are your responsibility.

For your convenience, some helpful links to the Virginia ABC website are located below.



Consumption Policies

The following are the policies set by Harmony Hall in regard to the consumption of alcohol.

1.    You or your group must have a valid Virginia ABC license if you are charging admission for the event.

2.    A copy of your valid Virginia ABC permit must be given to Harmony Hall's Management prior to theevent.

3.    Any person serving alcoholic beverages must be at least 21 years of age.

4.    Consumption of alcohol is only permitted inside of Harmony Hall, any consumption elsewhere; parking lots, outside any exterior doors, or in any vehicle is strictly prohibited.

5.    Any persons who appear to be intoxicated are not permitted to obtain further amounts of alcohol.


The lessee/s for the event are responsible for ALL invitees and any violation of the above will result in the immediate termination of the Rental Agreement without notice. Termination of the agreement including any fees, security deposits, cleaning fees etc are forfeited.

bottom of page